Injured in a serious auto accident? Searching for an experienced car accident lawyer?
Our Texas injury lawyers are Board-Certified Specialists.
Of all the serious injuries and accidents that happen in Texas every day, auto accidents are one of the most frequent. Not only that, but they also cause some of the worst injuries and result in thousands of deaths every year.
When your life has been completely turned upside down after an auto accident, our Waco accident lawyers can provide the strong legal representation you need to get you the answers and compensation you deserve. We have years of extensive experience handling a wide range of crash and collision cases, and we have the multi-million dollar settlements to prove it.
The Texas injury lawyers at Brown Trial Firm understand the toll that a crash can have on the physical and emotional wellbeing of survivors, as well as the financial wellbeing of both victims and their families. Through years of success in representing catastrophically injured auto accident victims, we have helped countless clients and their dependents gain the compensation they deserve and need to recover from their losses.
If you have been seriously injured in a crash caused by another party, contact us today to receive your free consultation and learn more about how we can help protect your legal rights.
What Our Clients Say
"A friend referred us to the firm. These lawyers were down home, very understanding and easy to talk to. If my husband or I had any problems, we could call them day or night. They never kept us in the dark and always made sure we knew what was going on."
"…expertise, experience, integrity and caring…long proven to be able to achieve the best result available for each client within the facts and the law. These lawyers really understand what it means to be professionals and advocates."
"In my layman’s judgment, this firm has done an extremely good job representing their clients… They are a classy bunch…You cannot find a higher quality of people…"
What to Do After a Car Crash in Waco, TX
After being involved in a traffic accident in Texas, there are 3 important steps that you must take right away:
- Go to a doctor and have your injuries diagnosed and treated. This will not only help prevent your injuries from worsening, but also help you fully understand the extent of your losses. While some crash victims may automatically be taken to a hospital for major injuries, other victims will be able to walk away from the scene of the crash. But this doesn’t mean that you are not harmed. In fact, you may have serious injuries that you currently do not understand, as is often the case with traumatic brain injuries and whiplash. By knowing what your injuries are and connecting them to the crash, you will have some of the proof you need for a successful claim.
- Begin collecting evidence and testimony. While you should gather contact information from witnesses at the scene of the crash, you may not be able to due to your serious injuries. Police reports may be able to reveal greater insight regarding the crash and the testimonies of people at the scene. Additionally, cameras at intersections may have collected photographic or video evidence of the accident. Crash investigators can recreate the incident and show the exact circumstances of what happened.
- Consult with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer near you. With help from an attorney, these facts can be collected and used to form a successful case that proves that the responsible party should be held liable for your injuries. Those responsible can include dangerous drivers, government agencies that allow a road to become dangerous or auto manufacturers that create defective products. By establishing fault, these parties and their insurance companies will be made to pay compensation for your medical costs, future medical procedures, property damage, wages lost due to an inability to work and other losses resulting from the crash.
Free post-accident report form to keep in your glove compartment
Trying to remember details after a car accident is like holding water in your hands. Most of the time, an officer or several will show up to the scene of a crash to collect details, witness statements and victim testimony. Even if no one shows up, and it seems like a minor accident, it’s still wise to jot down all the details.
Common Types and Causes of Collisions and Crashes We Handle
Over 3,500 deaths occur in Texas every year due to traffic accidents and thousands more are injured due to a wide variety of crashes on the road. These incidents include a wide range of crashes, but even seemingly minor accidents can cause devastating trauma.
- Drunk driving crashes
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Multi-vehicle pile-ups
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Every auto accident is different. The severity and type of injury a person experiences depends on many unique factors—including if they were wearing a seat belt, how fast the vehicles were traveling upon impact, the direction they were hit, the safety features in their vehicle and more. Some crash injuries are minor and heal on their own in a few days, while other injuries are serious and result in permanent disability.
Some of the most common collision injuries that give rise to auto accident claims include:
- Broken bones & fractures
- Internal organ injury
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Scrapes and cuts
- Chest injuries
- Arm and leg injuries
- Severe burns
- Amputation and disfigurement
Major injuries like brain trauma and spinal cord damage can cause a victim to have permanent disabilities, preventing him or her from living a normal life or working ever again. Broken bones, torn muscles, organ damage and joint trauma may all occur after an accident and can prevent a person from being able to perform everyday tasks and properly fulfilling job duties. Those who survive will often have to undergo expensive medical procedures and need extensive repairs or a replacement of their vehicle.
Auto accident cases that involve these types of serious injuries are often considered “catastrophic” claims, which typically involve much higher settlement amounts and more contested litigation. Catastrophic claims often require the expertise of an experienced lawyer.
I Had to Mourn the Person I Used to Be
How being rear-ended in 2 car accidents changed a young woman’s life forever.
Auto Accident Damages and Compensation
At Brown Trial Firm, we’ll thoroughly investigate your accident to determine liability and calculate the potential value of your claim. We believe it’s important that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible in order to recover financially from your accident and move on with your life. Auto accident losses (known as “damages”) fall into 1 of 2 categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are reimbursement for direct financial losses resulting from your crash. We can seek compensation on your behalf for:
- Emergency medical transportation and care
- Medical and prescriptions bills
- Long-term caretaker expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity (disability)
- Property damage
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, cover indirect losses that impact you and your family, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Those who have lost a loved one in a fatal crash will suffer deep emotional losses. However, they’ll also have to pay for funerals and burial expenses—not to mention face other major financial losses, such as loss of income and employment benefits that were provided by the deceased.
In any case, survivors will experience continued losses. However, recovery after a wrongful death is possible by holding at-fault parties responsible and gaining monetary compensation for funeral and burial expenses, loss of income, loss of companionship and more.
Talk to Experienced Waco Injury Lawyers for Free
Our Waco, Texas car accident attorneys have dedicated their careers to protecting the rights of those who have been harmed by the negligent or reckless actions of others. Attorney Laura Brown not only has a long record of success representing crash victims, she is also Board Certified Specialist in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization—a distinction held by only 10 percent of Texas attorneys.
Not all attorneys and law firms are created equal. Laws that apply to different kinds of injury cases are complex. An attorney or law firm that occasionally handles injury cases like yours may not have the experience or track record that is necessary to maximize the value of your case.