Hurt in a Wreck by a Distracted Driver?
Thousands of vehicle accidents occur each year because drivers make the mistake of thinking they can safely operate a vehicle without keeping their eyes and attention fully on the road. If you or someone you love has been involved in a vehicle collision caused by a distracted driver, the Board Certified Specialists in Personal Injury Trial Law at Brown Trial Firm, PLLC can help you take legal action to protect your rights and best interests. Our car accident attorneys are dedicated to helping accident victims and family members of those killed in crashes by distracted drivers obtain the financial reimbursement they deserve. Contact us at (254) 269-6700 or (888) 419-9367 for an initial consultation at no cost to you.
Recovering Losses in Texas
The consequences of a distracted driver crash far outweigh any reason for negligent driving. If you have been severely injured or lost a loved one a vehicle accident, you understand how devastating it can be to suffer so much for another person’s carelessness. Those fortunate to survive a traffic collision may face years or a lifetime of recovery from serious injuries, such as spinal cord damage, broken bones, brain injury, or worse. With an accomplished lawyer on your side, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the following losses:
- Costly medical bills
- Extensive rehabilitative care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost current and/or future wages
- Loss of consortium
While taking legal action may not erase the full of extent of your losses, a financial settlement may provide much needed relief from the costs of adequate care and recovery.
What Are Common Distractions Behind the Wheel?
Whether visual, manual, or cognitive, distractions behind the wheel can lead to serious, and often fatal, consequences for all those involved. That is why it is so important that drivers obey traffic laws at all times and avoid the following forms of distraction:
- Visual – The most common distraction occurs when a driver takes his or her eyes from the road, such as while reading a text message, looking at a sign, or reading a map.
- Manual – When a driver takes one or both hands off of the steering wheel to perform another activity, including changing the radio station, texting, drinking or eating, they greatly impair their ability to control the vehicle and increase the chances of an accident.
- Cognitive – While every form of distraction involves some type of mental concentration, simply not paying attention while behind the wheel is just as dangerous as attempting to perform another activity.
Click here for additional information about texting and driving and other types of driving distractions.
Regardless of how tedious it may be to drive a familiar route or take a cross country trip, there is no excuse for driving recklessly. Every driver is legally obligated to practice safe driving habits at all times to prevent causing accidents that may cost lives.
Efficient Legal Guidance in Waco
At Brown Trial Firm, PLLC, our Waco car accident lawyers understand how devastating a serious auto accident case can be for the victim or family members that have lost a loved one due to negligence. We take our role in our clients’ recovery seriously and will work tirelessly to fight on their behalf for the financial compensation they deserve. Please do not hesitate to call us at (254) 269-6700 to schedule a no-cost consultation to discuss your circumstances.